Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Science Online '09

This is a duplicate post from my Biology in Science Fiction blog:

Blogging can be a lonely thing. I get a few comments and some feedback, of course, and I comment on other people's blogs too, but it's not really the same as having a face-to-face conversation. That's why I'm excited I'm going to be attending ScienceOnline09, an annual science blogging conference that meets in January at Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.

Speculative fiction writer Stephanie Zvan and I will be co-moderating a session on "Science Fiction on Science Blogs". We are in the early stages of hammering out what exactly we'll be talking about, and suggestions are welcome. If you are interested, you can add to the discussion of our session on the ScienceOnline'09 wiki.

I'm planning on attending the Women in Science & Engineering networking dinner on Friday night, and I hope I get to meet some of you there! (See who else is attending)

Tags:,

6 comments:

Marimoy said...

I am so jealous. I really wanted to go to this.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of blogging and conferences, I'm live-blogging the 3rd IUPAP Conference on Women in Physics over at my blog (which is currently redirecting to blogspot due to technical difficulties, but that should only be temporary).

... okay, so really this is just a shameless plug, but I thought maybe your audience would also be interesting in what's going on at the meeting.

Anonymous said...

Peggy, Congratulations on co-moderating such an interesting panel. Besides your session, women in science will find the entire conference interesting.

Have fun.

Peggy K said...

I'm hoping there will be an online element to the panels, so that even non-conference goers can at least listen in. I'll post more when I find out more.

Hannah: thanks for the plug. It looks interesting!

LeCinQBlog said...

You do a great job with this blog.
I am quite choosy when it comes to liking blogs and your blog is one of the very few i have on my blogroll at my ecology blog.
Good luck and hugs

Heather said...

I just wanted to add, late, that I also think this is a fantastic, well-researched and diverse blog. So please do keep up the great work if you still feel the calling!

I hope that ScienceOnline'09 will have a FriendFeed room with willing typists, or live webcasts, although the time difference won't be optimal for me...