Friday, January 18, 2008

Participate in the Gender and Race in Science Blogging Panel Discussion

Tomorrow is the the Gender and Race in Science Blogging panel at the NC Science Blogging conference, and you can watch and participate from the comfort of your own home.

From the conference wiki:

This session will be broadcast LIVE on Saturday January 19 at 11am on Ustream.tv. Please tune in and participate online. Please note that you DO NOT have to register on Ustream to post comments. We look forward to hearing from you and reading your questions. Use the link above or copy and paste the address (http://ustream.tv/channel/gender-and-race-in-science-blogging into your browser.

Discussion leaders are Zuska and Karen Ventii.

Note that the time is 11am Eastern, which means 8am for those of us on the west coast. I'm going to try to get my rear out of bed to watch, but I probably won't try to participate because I'm not always 100% coherent that early on Saturday morning.

Or, if you don't want to follow the link, I've embedded the live stream and chat client below:


ETA: The session is over, so I've removed the embedded video. The discussion, or what I could hear of it anyway, was very interesting.


I'll add more links as I find them.

Coturnix has posted more on how you can participate in the other conference sessions as well.

Tags: ,

0 comments: